Spiced Pear Butter Recipe

Spiced Pear Butter


I was sitting here today with a bag of Pears a neighbor brought over, he had just picked them from the orchard. I have a lot and was trying to think of what I could make with them. I am sitting here and it's over 100 degrees outside and I am thinking about the cool breeze of the fall night. Suddenly it hit me, Pear Butter with the warm notes of Pumpkin Pies Spice. That sounds like fall to me. I went into the kitchen and started going through the pantry and found the Pumpkin Pie Spice. While I was in there I found brown sugar and honey that I got from the farmers market. I think I am getting somewhere with this. A few more ingredients and I will have homemade Spiced Pear Butter. When all was said and done this is my Spiced Pear Butter recipe.

8 Pears peeled, cored and cut into small cubes
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey (use the real stuff if you can)
1/3 cup of room temp water
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract or a vanilla bean split
1 Lemon juiced and zested
pinch of salt

I made this in my Slow Cooker. It prefer it that way so that I can just put everything in and continue on with my day.

After you peel, core and cut up the Pears place them in your slow cooker. Add all your other ingredients and give it a mix. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Mine took 4 hours because my pears where not fully ripe. Don't forget to give it a stir every once in awhile during the cooking time. When your cooking time is up use a slotted spoon and place the pears in a blender. You will not need the liquid just the pears. ( If you don't want to waste the liquid you can cook it in a saucepan until its reduced. Makes a great syrup for Ice Cream.) Give the pears a whirl until you get the texture you desire. I like mine fairly smooth. If it appears to be to thick you can add a little of the cooking liquid until you get the right consistency. You may need to cook it in a saucepan if your mixture has too much liquid. Just put it in a saucepan and cook on your lowest setting until it thickens and the liquid is evaporated. Do not let it scorch you will have to tend to it carefully.

Once your Spiced Pear Butter is done you can put it in any sterile container. I used Ball canning jars. This isn't preserved to hold for a long period of time. It will last in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks. But you won't have to It will be eaten way before that 3 week time. 

I let it set in the fridge for at least 24 hours before I use it. This is great on toast, Ice Cream, yogurt or anything you can think of. 

If pears are not to you liking you can do the same with apples or pumpkin.





Two hours into cooking





#spicedpearbutter #recipe #kitchen #cookbook #pumpkinpiespice #canning #balljars #pears #ninja#kitchencentral #cookbook #cookbookrecipeplugin #cookbookholder #cookbookpublisher #cookbookphotographer  #cookbookauthors #CookbookOrganization #cookbookgram #cookbookreading #cookbookaddict #cookbookjunkie #cookbooks  #cookbookin  #cookbookdesign #CookbookCollection #cookbookobsessed #cookbooklove #cookbookinthemaking #cookbookobsession #cookbookshoot #cookbookphotography #cookbookhoarder #kitchencentral #family #food 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts